When it comes to summer, there will be lots of barbeque parties everywhere. Whether it is in your backyard, front yard, the beach, parks, or any other place, BBQ time is always fun when you enjoy it with your family and friends. But, more importantly, the foods that you make at your BBQ party needs to be considered as well. It’s because, without a good BBQ dishes, the party will go sour.
Whether it is fish or red meat, you can cook the best barbeque dishes with the right bbq recipes and the right grill.
1. Beef Sirloin BBQ
Main ingredients: beef sirloin steaks (250 grams x4), ground pepper, salt, red onions peeled and cut in half (x4), extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup) and balsamic vinegar (4 tablespoons), flat-leaf parsley chopped (3 tablespoons), juice from 1 lemon
How to make Beef Sirloin BBQ:
- Prepare the steaks from the refrigerator 2 hours before cooking it.
- Sprinkle the sea salt freely on the steaks.
- Prepare the oven or grill to 140°C.
- Prepare a baking dish and put the onion in the baking dish, pour the extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle the sea salt, and pour the balsamic vinegar to the onion.
- Roast the content in the baking dish for 2 hours, slowly until it becomes tender.
- Prepare a stainless steel bowl and place the onions, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil into it. Add some pepper and salt, and set aside.
- Prepare the BBQ until it is hot.
- Prepare the steak by sprinkling olive oil into it and remove any excess. Grill both sides of the steak 2 ½ minutes or according to your preferences. Once done, cover the steaks with foil to keep it warm and wait for 10 minutes.
- After the steak is ready, you can slice it to 1cm each and put it on the plate. Then, add the onions and salad that have been prepared before.
2. Yakitori Chicken BBQ
Main ingredients: boneless skin thighs with skin on (x8), trimmed large onions (x8), sake (80ml), mirin (4 tablespoon), castor sugar (3 tablespoon), Japanese soy (50ml), lemon wedges, shichimi togarashi, skewers (metal/bamboo soaked in water for 2 hours)
How to make Yakitori Chicken BBQ:
- Prepare a pan and put sake, Japanese soy, mirin, and castor sugar together in the pan and boil it. After boiling, reduce the heat for 10 minutes until these ingredients turn in a sauce. This will be served as the yakitori sauce.
- Cut the chicken and onions into cubes of about 2,5cm and place them into the skewers. The formula is 2 chicken cubes for 1 onion cube. Prepare all the chickens into the available skewers.
- Prepare the barbeque until hot and put oil into the grill. Then, put the chicken skewers into the barbeque until all is half-cooked. Then, put the sauce all over the half-cooked chicken skewers and put it back into the grill. Make sure that each side is fully cooked this time.
- Prepare the cooked chicken skewers on a plate and sprinkle the shichimi into the skewers. Serve it with the lemon wedges.
3. Crispy Salmon BBQ
Main ingredients: salmon fillets (150 grams x4), vegetable oil (x1), salt (x1), chopped and peeled medium onion (x1), sliced spring onions (x4), chopped yellow capsicum without seed (1/2), chopped tomatoes (x3), chopped garlic cloves (x3), chopped large green chili without seed (x1), chopped large red chili without seed (x1), coriander chopped roughly (1/2 cup), red wine vinegar (1/4 cup), sugar (1 tablespoon), salt (1/4 tablespoon), grapeseed oil (1/4 cup)
How to make Crispy Salmon BBQ:
To prepare the pebre, mix medium onion, spring onions, yellow capsicum, tomatoes, garlic cloves, green chili, red chili, coriander, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, and grapeseed oil together and keep it at room temperature.
- Gently cut the skin part of the salmon to help make it crispy later. Use the paper towel to keep the salmon dry.
- Apply some oil to the salmon and prepare the hotplate barbeque while heating it.
- Apply the salt on the skin part of the salmon and grill the skin side for about 3 minutes while pressing the skin against the grill for about 20 seconds.
- Apply the same thing with the flesh side of the salmon. Then, serve the salmon with the pebre that has been prepared before.
4. Japanese-style Grilled Corn BBQ
Main ingredients: cleaned and stripped corn cobs (x6), olive oil, softened butter (70 grams), red miso (1 tablespoon), toasted sesame seeds (2 tablespoon), bonito flakes (x6 large pinches).
How to make Japanese-style Grilled Corn BBQ:
- Heat the barbeque grill for a few minutes until ready.
- Apply the olive oil to the corn cobs and put the cobs into the grill.
- While the cobs are still being grilled, prepare the mix of butter and miso.
- Take the toasted corn from the heat and let it cool for a while.
- Once the corn is cooler, you can apply the mix of butter and miso to the corn immediately, and then sprinkle it with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve it immediately.
Those are the recipes that you can use to make the best dish for the summer barbeque. Each recipe has its own unique taste and style, and they can be enjoyed by many people at the same time. They might require between 30 minutes – 2 hours preparation time before you can serve it to your BBQ party guests.