Have you ever thought about your favorite season?
There isn’t much to choose from, but all of the four options have their pros and cons. So for example, if you like summer some people could argue that this time of the year is too hot for them and the entire environment gets humid and uncomfortable.
The same goes for winter, for many folks it’s just too cold and they need to have at least a couple of minutes of sunshine.
So from this perspective, probably the best season is autumn, right? Why?
It’s still pretty close to summer so you are guaranteed to have some sunny days, but later the climate and weather change so you get a pre-taste of colder and winter-like conditions, which isn’t that bad either. And let’s face it, after a big period of drought some light showers won’t hurt and will make the air more breathable. However, even autumn has its negatives.
Well, for starters the ever-changing weather could create some problems for those among us who have a higher level of meteosensitivity and don’t deal with such sudden changes well. In addition, during this time of the year, you should be very cautious so you don’t get ill because the before-mentioned weather can get you quite easily and weaken your immunity and therefore, make you more likely to catch flu.
So you ought to be protective of yourself and as a matter of fact of your surroundings as well, because strong winds don’t affect only people, but nature as well.
Since trees are getting rid of their leaves, it gets crowded with them and they can even cover all of your property. I have nothing against this beautiful theatre piece of nature, but it’s always better for everyone to have it all sorted out and properly cleaned. And that’s precisely what I’m about to talk to you, the maintenance of fallen leaves, grass and debris.
Best Leaf Blower 2019
You might not realize it, but once you collect and store the leaves in a given place with all the other weeds you can actually build up compost that can be later used to nourish the soil which has just woken up from its winter sleep. This way you can keep your lawn tidy and at the same time prepare the mixture that will serve you throughout the year as a natural fertilizer.
But how can you possible round up all the leaves scattered on your lawn? That will take hours and hours of work and manpower, right?
Well, for some it might be the case, but you can be a step ahead and get yourself a leaf blower. Moreover, these helpers are quite versatile, so you can treat other things besides leaves.
- Easy to set up and recharge
- Ideal for smaller tasks aroung house
- Great performance
- Compatible battery with other DeWALT products
- Quick discharge with full speed operation
- Ergonomic features
- Great airflow of 110 mph
- Only 3 fixed speed positions which can be limiting
- Great battery life
- Variable power
- A bit louder
- More vibrations
Husqvarna 350BT Professional Gas Backpack Blower
- Long term solution for large area
- Professional Leaf Blower
- Gas Blower
- Impeller is metal not plastic
- Easy to assembly
- A bit heavier
- The speed switch feels cheap
- Budget leaf blower
- Simple ON/OFF switch
- Extension cord is needed
- The battery is interchangeable between EGO devices
- Amazing performance
- The position of the handle and trigger is a little bit troublesome
Thanks to this review you will get to know the best leaf blowers the market has currently to offer and will make up your mind in no time. So please, just sit back and dive in.
1. Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Leaf Blower – Best Seller 2019
The product that kicks off the list of the best leaf blowers is the Greenworks model which contains a lithium battery ensuring that you have enough power and time to clean your garden. The speed of the engine is adjustable with its highest speed of 150 mph.
This device comes with an extension tube that guarantees better reachability as well as the efficiency of the entire cleaning process. In addition, the overall weight is pretty low and therefore, the manipulation with this hand blower is easy and not that exhausting. Plus you won’t have to worry about an extension cord or gas levels because it runs on a battery system.
As far as maintenance is concerned, from time to time you will have to recharge the battery but that’s okay given the mobility and relatively low noise levels it provides. It can go on for approximately 35 minutes which should be enough to get the ordinary job done.
Product Weight: 3.3 pounds
Product Dimensions: 31 x 7 x 10 inches
- The leaf blower is very easy to set up and recharge.
- Simple maneuvering and usage due to the lightweight.
- Since it is not powered by gas fumes are not present either.
- It does not have the highest performance, but can be efficient and helpful when dealing with smaller tasks around the house.
2. DEWALT DCBL720P1 Brushless Blower – My Personal Choice
Next up I have included a DeWALT leaf blower which features a brushless motor to enhance efficiency and long-term use. It has also a specific axial fan design which improves air output and thus the overall performance. This yard blower can be set to different speeds and once you find the suitable one, it can be maintained and locked for usage.
Moreover, the lightweight and design provide you with good control over the devices and reduce the stress on your upper body. The battery is a lithium ion one and once you are done it can be recharged with the charger that comes with it. The emitted noise level is rather lower, around 61 dB, and therefore, shouldn’t be an issue for your neighbors.
Product Weight: 9.7 pounds
Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 7.8 x 23.4 inches
- Works perfectly for driveways and sidewalks.
- The battery is compatible with other DeWALT products which is a nice touch that gives versatility to a power supply.
- Saves you the trouble of having a cord behind you all the time.
- The more intense the speed and usage, the quicker the battery discharges. However, it can be recharged in less than 60 minutes.
If you have previously used a gas blower then this electric one is surely going to blow your mind. The turbine technology which is used in this case is a powerful tool that creates the airflow of 110 mph, which in comparison is almost twice the output a gas leaf blower can offer you.
Even though, it uses such a complex and innovative technology; it can be still used only by one hand due to the lightweight nature of the entire device which can’t be matched by the robust and heavy gas leaf blowers out there. It’s truly versatile and can adapt in various conditions mainly thanks to the speed controls and air nozzle which gives you the power.
Movability is also enforced by the fact that you don’t have to carry an entire tank of gas on your back or any cords that would dangle around. Quite the opposite, the cord is safely stored in the cord retainer.
Product Weight: 6.2 pounds
Product Dimensions: 40 x 11 x 9.6 inches
- It has the power to do the job well enough and can even be used for some light snow as well.
- It is not that heavy so you can also use it to treat your car after a car wash.
- Intuitive and ergonomic features make sure even beginners get the hang of it.
- The three fixed speed positions might be a little limiting for some of you, but once you try them out you will know how to use them efficiently.
The BLACK+DECKER hand blower is an extraordinary product that can be used either with a 36 V or a 40 V lithium-ion battery, depending on your choice. The design is responsible for easy handling and ergonomic features, such as for example the soft grip, as well as lightweight which is always welcomed in these kinds of circumstances.
Plus it’s also built to produce low noise levels. This cordless leaf blower is ideal for your backyard or front lawn maintenance and thanks to POWERCOMMAND you can even vary the speeds at which you operate and thus can save some battery capacity and in the end, time as well. The included scraper can be a big helper in more difficult situations when the environment is against you.
However, be more careful when you use this device around flowers and more delicate lawn structures because of the power it can produce.
Product Weight: 3.05 pounds
Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 10.6 x 6.3 inches
- The cord is nowhere to be found and thanks to this your movability is increased.
- Easy assembly process as well as usage.
- The battery used in this device lasts relatively long and its power helps you clean your driveway nicely.
- In this case, the battery and charger are not included and need to be ordered separately.
5. Husqvarna 350BT Professional Gas Backpack Blower – Best Leaf Blower for Professionals
Another puzzle piece is represented by the Husqvarna model. The X-Torq engine on this garden leaf blower is one of the greener options since it reduces emissions up to approximately 60% and also boosts fuel consumption efficiency by 20%.
The handle is a big plus because it lowers arm exhaustion and makes sure your body limb isn’t pulled down. When you additionally add the harness and hip belt, which copy the outline of your body, to the mix, you won’t have to worry about the stress and can freely enjoy an ergonomic and comfortable operation of this professional-like leaf blower.
The dampers which are present in the area where engine vibrations are produced help diminish this phenomenon. You can also adjust speed levels all thanks to the throttle that features a cruise control as well.
Product Weight: 22.5 pounds
Product Dimensions: 79 x 19 x 19 inches
- The blower is made with quality materials and therefore, promises a long-term solution.
- The noise level is quite low and will not disturb your surroundings while simultaneously providing good airflow.
- Very well designed and easy to use even though it is of a more robust nature.
- You should be cautious while using this leaf blower because due to the position of switch controls it can be turned off. However, it only needs some time to get used to.
The Toro 51621 is a fine garden blower which also possesses a mulching quality. Its attributes were tested in laboratories and have proven to be of a superior level. It’s able to reach up to 250 mph and can be used as a blower or even a vacuum.
This piece of technology can be easily named amongst the best leaf blowers and is made of a vacuum tube, cord storage hook, so the cord doesn’t go in your way, bottom collection bag, which can be also used for equipment storage when the product isn’t used, a shredding ring and an oscillating tube that can save you a couple of minutes.
Both the blower and vacuum mode of the hand blower have a speed control included for better operation. The zip bag was created for leaf storage specifically and therefore, doesn’t perform well when used to store dust. One of the reasons for this is the fact that the device’s functioning depends on constant airflow.
However, you don’t have to worry that the bag will be overstuffed because the shredding rings make sure that everything is reduced to a minimum volume.
Product Weight: 8 pounds
Product Dimensions: 45 x 9 x 14 inches
- The bag strap ensures your posture is correct and straight and thus eliminates back pain.
- The device is able to save you time and space thanks to the mulching option.
- The bag where you collect the leaves and debris can be easily unzipped and emptied.
- Be sure to check the equipment regularly since after long-term usage certain parts, such as for example the collection bag, might need treatment.
7. Sun Joe SBJ597E-SJB Leaf Blower – Best Budget Leaf Blower
This next electric leaf blower is ideal for cleaning driveways, garages, and your patios. The versatility of its use is complemented by the lightweight, easy handling and a maximum speed of 155 mph. The so to speak juice is generated in the 6 amp engine and then modified into air power.
This leaf blower really represents an easy, economically friendly option that possesses enough power to help you around the house with your day-to-day worries related to outside cleaning. You won’t have to assemble big and heavy machinery; this compact and mobile household helper is enough to get you through your cleaning rituals outside the house even with one hand in your pocket.
Thanks to all the attributes you will be able to easily operate it only by one hand and swiftly finish your job.
Product Weight: 3.9 pounds
Product Dimensions: 32 x 8 x 8 inches
- Tremendous mobility thanks to features like light weight and size, plus it has enough power to clean your driveway or patio.
- Good price for value ratio.
- It has enough power and can produce airflow that will blow leaves and needles away.
- It might not be an ideal fit for larger jobs, but it will meet regular requirements.
This turbine-powered device has a fan which can deliver high performance and is combined with the brushless engine that ensures efficiency. The turbine technology was perfected and customized from advanced aeronautics practices.
If you already have a different EGO product you can use its arc lithium batteries for a short period of time since this yard blower is compatible with his cousin devices.
The design and construction of this equipment were carefully crafted and should withstand various weather conditions. As far as the performance is concerned, this was one of the first rechargeable products out there which could rival or even surpass a gas blower. Another advantage is the overall relative lightweight of the product which can be a big plus during a more time-consuming usage.
Product Weight: 5.1 pounds
Product Dimensions: 35.8 x 6.7 x 10.8 inches
- The battery is interchangeable between EGO devices.
- You don’t have to worry about a cord, since it is not present.
- Very convenient and practical also due to the fact that it does not requires gas refills.
- The position of the handle and trigger is a little bit troublesome.
The last leaf blower on my list comes in a compact case. Milwaukee M18 BBL-0 easily removes dirt from hardly accessible spaces and places. Power control based on a three gear system with an included speed switch.
The REDLINK ™ overload protection protects the tool and the battery from an extreme strain. In addition, you can also use the lock switch function to maintain the desired state. The removable nozzle helps you store this device easily and conveniently.
The flexible battery system guarantees that BBL 0 batteries are compatible with all Milwaukee M18 batteries.
Product Weight: 8 pounds
Product Dimensions: 45 x 9 x 14 inches
- The third speed level provides enough power for your chores.
- The battery recharges relatively fast.
- Practical, light and compact.
- The battery is drained significantly faster when the leaf blower is set on the third speed level.
Now that you have come to the last page of this article it’s time to do a little summarization. I know that you might have read this phrase in a lot of my reviews, but the first thing you have to sort out is to get your priorities straight.
In other words, you have to know what you are looking for, which are your conditions and what issues you want to tackle.
Best Leaf Blower 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
In the case of leaf blowers, even the size of your home and adjacent premises can play a key role. Let’s say for example that you have a beautiful home and a little front lawn in front of it. In this scenario, I would rather choose a lighter option and power wouldn’t probably play a big role either because it’s probable that the chores are lighter and not that demanding.
As mentioned before, there are many factors which need to be taken into consideration. All of the products I have described above are among the best leaf blowers on the market, but nonetheless, there are differences which can set them apart.
Size and Weight
Just take size and weight as attributes for example. There are several options in this aspect which is obviously related to power and performance.
The mobility is also affected by these features, which means that you might have to use more strength to operate bigger leaf blowers, however, for the benefit of higher performance.
Weight could also play a role in long-term usage since the machine can produce physical stress on your body, but don’t be afraid of larger models because they come with a mechanism or system to battle these inconvenience. That’s why I wouldn’t worry about the arm which operates the blower.
Some even have a collecting bag for leaves and debris, so you don’t have to aim at all. Others might require some coordination, but that shouldn’t be an issue. All of them are generally and most of all leaf blowers, nonetheless, there is also a vacuum and the way the blowers produce the necessary airflow also differs.
There are several techniques, mechanisms and turbines which provide this quality, so this domain is covered in all cases. And once you are familiarized with the settings you’ll find out that different speed levels are suitable for different chores. Luckily, there are speed regulators and even controls that will hold your selected speed.
Consumption and efficiency
As far as consumption is concerned many leaf blowers have a lithium battery which powers them and in case they need electricity, a cord is present. And even if there is a cord attached to the end of the product it also has a hook or a system that will help you with its easy storage while you use the leaf blower, so it doesn’t get in your way.
How To Use a Leaf Blower
So there you have it a little overview of things you should look for and notice while choosing the best leaf blower for you.