It often happens that the relative humidity is only about 20%, and in case of outside freezing it decreases even more. In a dry environment, especially children suffer from morning scratches in their throats; they cannot sleep properly during the night because instead of a healthy nap they are coughing.
You can also notice that this kind of environment causes dryness of skin mostly of hands but also cracked lips and higher tiredness appears as well. Dry air can also cause inflammation of the upper respiratory tract, dry mucosa in mouth, nose and consequently reduce immunity.
It is scientifically proven that dry air is full of microbes and germs that attack our respiratory system. Bladders, allergies, asthma, respiratory illnesses, or problems with clogged nose without a clear cause – all these are the consequences of a dusty environment. A bit scary, right?
Fortunately, everything can be affected and changed – even dry air.
Best Humidifier 2018
To prevent these issues, many doctors and specialists recommend to drink alot of water and to have an air humidifier, which improves the room’s humidification. Thanks to a healthier environment, you will not only help improve your healthcondition, but also avoid the shrinkage of wooden floor, furniture, or flowers in pots.
- Modern and nice design
- Quiet operation
- Easy to use
- Harder to clean
- Light is always on
- Evaporative humidifier is the best option for babies
- Lack of automatic shut-off control
- Works as aromatherapy device as well
- Wooden look
- Easy to move
- Small capacity
- LCD display
- Multiple levels of misting
- Reusable filter
- Water tank can leaks after few months
- Big 5-liter tank
- Easy cleaning thanks to its shape
- Not so effective in larger rooms
- Strong LED indicators
- 7 color calming lights
- Compact size
- Multiple options
- Small volume
- Short life expectancy
- Warm Mist
- Reasonable price
- A bit noisy compared to other products
- Requires maintenance
- Both Warm and Cool Mist
- Timer function
- Can also be used as aromatherapy device
- Bigger dimensions
- Extremely quiet
- Remote Control
- Health beneficial
- Only for smaller rooms
Air humidifiers belong to a group of space-saving devices, however, they can significantly improve the quality of life as they humidifythe air we breathe.
1. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic – Best Seller Humidifier
This ultrasonic humidifier improves air quality and prevents dry skin and mucous which results in a better health condition. Thanks to the extremely quiet operation of the humidifier, you will have absolutely no sound disturbance during your sleep. This humidifier makes the air much more pleasant to breathe.
Thanks to the potential use of essential oils it can nicely surprise you with a very pleasant smell. MistAire is also a very highly efficient and low power consumption device. The fully loaded humidifier working time is 16 hours (depends on the power setting). With its smaller size, it is ideal for medium-size rooms.
Product Weight: 1.8 pounds
Product Dimensions: 10.9 x 9.2 x 6.9 inches
- Nice and modern design
- Works quietly
- Long lasting of water in the tank, approximately about two full nights
- Vaporing is cool without any additional heat or lag
- Perfect and practical size
- Easy to use
- The tank is not very well isolated from the rest of the system
- This light will stay on
- Harder to clean
2. Honeywell HCM350W – Best Baby Humidifier
HCM350W made by Honeywell can be marked as the best baby humidifier on the market. It is proven that humidifiers can help your baby sleep. This modern device is equipped with a hit-resistant water tank and offers 2 levels of humidification. With patented air humidification technology, steam is virtually free of bacteria –the unique UV technology kills up to 99.9% of bacteria found in water.
In addition, the operating time with a full tank is 13.7 hours. The device is suitable mostly for medium-sized rooms. The protection of wooden furniture and facilities is covered by this product as well. This Honeywell humidifier belongs to an evaporative type.
Product Weight: 12.5 pounds
Product Dimensions: 18.6 x 10.4 x 13 inches
- Practical and unique design
- Easy to clean
- Filtered invisible moisture
- Moisture output and sound levels can be switched via three different modes
- Ultra Quiet
- Helpful in cases of baby allergies and dry skin
- No automatic shut-off control
- Low capacity tank, moreover, there is no indicator which would announce the water tank status
- Heavy product
VicTsing has an amazing design and practical size, which fits mostly for smaller or medium size rooms. The majority of the time it works as an aromatherapy device. As this product is primarily a diffuser, you can combine and mix different kinds of essential oils so the smell is more unique. This could be handy when you would like to relax after a long work day and all you need is silence and cup of the best espresso.
The device has a wooden look, 7 trendy colors and a modern controlling system. The use of the VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier is very easy. You can also set the time of use on the timer as there are 4-time modes: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours and steady on one. As a diffuser, this machine can work up to 10 hours.
Product Weight: 1.5 pounds
Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 6.7 x 6 inches
- Perfect aromatherapy device
- Natural look
- Calming lights
- Automatic shut-off function helps to save energy consumption
- Lightweight product
- Easy to assemble, set up and clean
- It takes a while during the first time usage since the diffuser is completely ready to function properly
- Small size means that the moisture is not that large as in case of bigger devices of this type
The TaoTronics TT-AH001 effectively removes dirt from the air and thus protects your air environment. It eliminates undesirable air parts such as dust particles, allergens, viruses and bacteria, cigarette smoke and other odors in closed rooms. With this device, you not only handle air cleanse in your rooms, but it can also help you with humidification.
It has several excellent features that will be helpful for homecare. The device is equipped with an LCD display where you can easily set the power and monitor the amount of water in the tank. Moreover, it has a built-in timer, sleep mode, and a 360-degree rotatable nozzle for a uniform distribution and adjustable mist levels.
Product Weight: 3.5 pounds
Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.3 x 11.8 inches
- Quiet operating
- Anti-microbial tank works perfectly
- Digital options
- Nice design
- Possibility to choose a misting level
- Nightlight is calming, moreover, it can be also switched off
- Filter is reusable
- All the settings have to be programmed again after refilling the tank
- If you set maximum power on the device, it can operate only approximately for 10 hours
- During the tank refilling, it drips or leaks
- Cannot be used as aroma diffuser
URPOWER MH501 ultrasonic humidifier actively helps you to keep your health condition good. This humidifier keeps the humidity gently for a few hours or maintains it at a comfortable level. For added comfort, the air humidifier also has an aromatic part, with a few drops of aromatic oil in the room to provide a pleasant smell.
If the water tank is empty or removed from the base, the air freshener stops its function. However, the 5-liter tank lasts several hours without any break. Compact rounded shapes alongside luxurious black construction match each other perfectly.
Product Weight: 5.3 pounds
Product Dimensions 16.2 x 10.1 x 7.8 inches
- Big capacity, the device is equipped with 5- liter tank
- Modern and unique design
- Long lasting operation
- Automatic shut off system
- Easy refilling due to good opening system and large and wide tank
- Blue LED light might be bothering
- In spite of its bigger size it almost does not have any impact on bigger rooms
Fully silent ultrasonic humidifier made by Aennon works with micro air spraying. In addition to the fresh air producing it also destroys bad smells odors and bacteria in your room. The tank volume is 2.8 liters. The device provides silent nighttime operation. In the package, there is also a set of extra replacement filters.
The device will automatically shut down after the water reserve is finished and totally emptied. Expect personal humidifier this multitasking machine works also as a nebulizer, moisturizer, air purifier, ionizer and aroma diffuser. The compact size and the unobtrusive color do not interfere with the design of your interior so it can be placed in all kinds of rooms.
Product Weight: 2 pounds
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 6.3 x 9.4 inches
- Oil diffuser is a part of device
- 7 color calming lights, however, they can be switched off
- Compact size
- Additional water filters are included
- Quiet operation
- Does not work properly in larger rooms
- Due to its size and mostly due to the size of the tank it does not work all night on maximum without refilling, something about 5 to 6 hours
- The life expectancy of the device is not long, in many cases, it took only several months and the humidifier was broken or seriously damaged
Although the Vics V745A Warm Mist belongs to the basic model type of humidifiers with a manual controlling system, it produces the same quality mist as higher level ones. Despite its small size, it has a 3.8 liter water tank. In this price category, it is a powerful warm mist humidifier.
It is recommended to be used in smaller rooms; however, it can be also effective in medium or even larger rooms. The humidifier is designed in a classic blue and white design. Switchable night light can be really useful for a baby and children’s room. The package also includes a medicine cup which works for Vicks Vaposteam or Kaz Inhalent.
Product Weight: 4.2 pounds
Product Dimensions 12 x 7.9 x 14.2 inches
- Even though the device is made as a smaller product it works also for larger rooms
- Practical design allows you to monitor the water level by translucent tank
- Automatic Shut-off
- 12 hours operation on a single filling due to the big tank capacity
- Calming nightlights
- No filters are necessary
- Medicine cup is included
- Might be noisy during the first hours of operation
- Leaking issues may appear even during the operation of machine
Cool Mist Humidifier by hOmeLabs does not only humidify the air in the room but also can be beneficial with its warm mist mode in cases of illnesses such as cold, flu, fever, bronchitis or nasal congestion. It has a very quiet and inexpensive operation with night mode, which underlines the maximum comfort you can have with this device.
It produces a cold steam in an exchange with a dry air; this system increases the humidity to the optimum level. The capacity of the water tank is 4 liters. After the emptying of the tank, the humidifier switches itself off. It can also be used for aromatherapy purposes. Cleaning is fast and simple, as the package also contains the practical cleaning brush.
Product Weight: 5.3 pounds
Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 10.5 x 12 inches
- High-quality performance
- Removable 4 liter water tank
- Option of cold and warm mist
- Easy refilling
- Possibility of aroma adjusting and essential oils
- Empty tank sensors
- Timer function
- Bigger dimension might cause problems with storage
According to many humidifier reviews, this device reached top rankings. With InnoBeta humidifier fountain you can create a better breathable, non-irritating air in the room, and it is also beneficial for respiratory diseases. This fountain has a practical 3 liter liquid tank. Once the water container is empty, the device automatically shuts off.
You can clean and maintain it very easily as the opening system is large. At the same time, the device produces a smell, so the air in your rooms will be full of different and nice smells. Thanks to its performance it is suitable even for medium rooms. During its running time, you can use without any restrictions as it will not cause any disturbance or unpleasant noises. This makes it one of the best humidifiers for babies.
Product Weight: 3.5 pounds
Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 7.1 x 10.2 inches
- Significant help to people with asthma
- Extremely quiet and calming
- LED Screen Touchpad and Remote Control
- Long operation due to the larger capacity of the water tank
- Thermo-Hygrometer is included
- Display instructions and animations might cause some misunderstandings
- It is not really appropriate for larger sized rooms
BONUS ONE: BONECO Hybrid Humidifier & HEPA Air Purifier H680
The device includes two function modes so it works as an effective hybrid humidifier and a HEPA air purifier, which delivers great results in improving and cleaning the air in your home. This product effectively removes dust, animal hair, mites and pollen parts from the air. Impurities are trapped on wet discs that you do not need to change.
The special antibacterial protection system effectively destroys bacteria in water, so there is no need to add any chemical additives to it. If the water is depleted, the device automatically shuts off. The BONEC air purifier and humidifier is easy to operate and requires only small maintenance. It is also suitable for allergens and asthmatics. It works for approximately 24 hours with one full tank.
Product Weight: 22.9 pounds
Product Dimensions: 17.1 x 13.7 x 19.3 inches
- High-quality product
- Two devices in one (humidifier+ purifier)
- Remote control provides higher comfort for the user
- Air humidity and air quality sensors
- Possibility of adding essential oils, it works perfectly with them, it provides your house with amazing smell
- Easy to maintain as it has cleaning mode
- Due to its noisiness, it can be hardly used during the night
- Non-economical solution
Best Humidifier 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
The supply on the market is huge and there are various products. Even among the best humidifiers are some which will not suit perfectly to your special needs or will not be any help in improving the environment where you live. If you live in warmer climate some of the best portable air conditioners also have a function to humidify the air in process of cooling your room.
As you for sure noticed I have introduced several types of humidifiers. The main differences are not only in their designs or prices, however, mostly in the way how they operate and how they produce humidified air.
If you are looking for more in-depth humidifier buying guide, click here!
Cool mist humidifier can cool the air in warm or dry climate. There are 2 main types:
Evaporative use a fan to force dry air through a wet filter usually made of a paper-based material and evaporates water into the air without a bacteria. This filter has to be replaced regularly, depending on your use of a humidifier.
Ultrasonic style cool mist have a small metal diaphragm inside that vibrates atomizing the water into a fine vapor. No filter is necessary but you might find a white powder surrounding your humidifier. This is from dissolved minerals in hard water, that are incorporated into the mist. These deposits aren’t harmful and can be reduced by using distilled water. Overall ultrasonic humidifiers score better when it comes to energy cost and noise, however, they can emit a small amount of bacteria into the air.
Warm Mist humidifier heat water to boiling temperature and mix the steam with air. They don’t have any filters to be replaced but some units come with absorption units. Warm mist humidifier is not recommended to use near babies because water in a humidifier can be really hot.
You should also follow and pay attention to several aspects such as the dimensions of the device and size of the room where it will be placed. It is also beneficial if you will verify what kinds of additional features and functions the device has.
As I said, when you choose a humidifier you should focus on the dimensions of the room where you want to place it. The smaller ones are less efficient in bigger rooms, on the contrary, a bigger device with a higher power would be an unnecessary investment for small space rooms.Humidifiers are mostly designed to be used in just one room, so these rooms should be separated from the open space by a door and should be isolated. The efficiency of the device thus will increase by simply preventing leakage of humid air from the room.
At the beginning of the recommendation part, I mentioned that humidifiers differ in vapor production, usually the most efficient ones are ultrasonic. On the other hand, less strong but cheaper alternatives are steam humidifiers.
Before you will buy one, it is also good to consider how often you need to humidify the air. It depends on the area where you live if it is more a seasonal or an annual matter. It is also appropriate to think about power consumption for everyday operation. Energy saving devices are equipped with an automatic timer, saving mode or a shut-off mode. Another beneficial function is the effective self-regulation of steam production.
Some products can verify the humidity of environment or even have special programs through which you can set up the ideal humidity for you or for the people staying in the room. The last, but definitely not least, point is the volume of the water tank and the humidity intensity, so you do not have to refill the water tank several times during the day or in worse cases during the night.Even smaller humidifiers might have larger tanks or can have saving modes or special mist level programs, through which you can set it up and not waste water.