What crosses your mind when I say morning rituals? Is it the daily teeth brushing or breakfast? Or even some string of activities you are performing over and over again each day of the week? Does your morning routine change during the week and on the weekends?
Well, be it either one or the other, you most certainly have something in your life that fuels you up with energy and wakes you up in the morning. For the majority of the world, this something is a beverage best served hot, but there are also cold exceptions as well.
You are right, I’m talking about coffee, for a smaller number of people – tea. In recent years, coffee and coffee making have reached almost a cult-like status in our society.
There are multiple extraordinary, special and luxury places dedicated to serving you the best coffee. Even the consumers have gone more into detail and are now choosing specific varieties of coffee. The coffee shops have various gear and machinery which help them create the specials they offer.
There are baristas who study coffee and serve it with such an impeccable eye for detail that they are even able to create foam animals for you.
And who wouldn’t like to have a foam kitty sitting on their cappuccino?
However, let’s be honest, in today’s era of fast paced information and with a tendency to have everything quickly and immediately, there often isn’t time to visit a coffee shop, even due to work related responsibilities.
The simplest ideas are usually the best ones and they function without any hiccups. This saying applies in this situation as well.
Have you ever thought of getting a French Press for yourself?
Best French Press 2020
This little product can help you make a terrific coffee with almost no effort at all. There are no complicated manuals or electricity involved, just some old-fashioned pressing!
You only prepare your coffee, assemble the machine, heat up the water and put everything in the French Press. These products aren’t really beverage specific, you can prepare literally anything with them, but they were primarily created for coffee making. Why? Well, the screens, which are part of the whole pressing system, are there to ensure that your beverage is properly filtered, so you don’t have any grounds in it.
And this is often the case with coffee or alternatively tea. Nonetheless, feel free to use your press to hold other beverages as well.
- Modern design
- Smooth plunger
- Can not be separated from its plastic frame
- Simple design
- Assembly and cleaning might take time
- Simple cleaning
- Great manual for beginners
- No water marks
- Can be brought to the bottom
- Separated Carafe
- Plastic tip lit
- Extra screens in package
- Stainless steel filter
- Double wall
- Can not see through
- Great design
- 4-level filtration
- Doesn't reach very bottom of the container
- Comfortable handle
- No plastic parts
- May be a little loose when pouring coffee
- Bamboo parts and unique design
- Hole at the top isn't centered
- Only dual filter
If you are really considering this option, let me invite you to read my list of 9 Best French Presses that the market has currently to offer. It’s a nice overview of nine French press coffee makers that can become your morning partner and help you tackle mornings full of energy and freshness.
The first on the list is the Idylc Homes KONA French Press which is able to make the most of every bean or leaf you put into it. The design of the product is also exceptional and eye-pleasing, however, also insulating which helps keep your drink warm.
The special glass is resistant to cracks and damage which boosts the durability. The ergonomic shape and handle are ideal and thanks to them you pour the liquid effortlessly from the carafe. Moreover, no plastic parts touch your precious drink, be it hot or cold.
Since many parts are removable and dishwasher friendly this French press coffee maker is easy to clean and doesn’t include any electric elements.
Product Weight: 14.1 ounces
Product Dimensions: 10 x 5.9 x 5.5 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- The press is easy to use and has a smooth plunger.
- Almost no sediment present in the prepared beverage.
- You are actually able to push the press to the very bottom of the container.
- This French press is for a one serving only, so if you would like to make coffee for more people it may take some time.
This stainless-steel French press consists of steel on the inside as well as the outside which grants a bigger durability and lifespan. Coffee grounds will nowhere to be found because it features a 3-layer filter structure which hinders any of them to be in your drink and thus creates a full body flavor.
The screen is present as well and is fairly easy to clean and in addition, the entire product is dishwasher friendly. Moreover, you can stack the screens and make your coffee have a refined taste if you would like to. Heat elimination is guaranteed by the cool touch handle and knob, so you don’t need to worry about this aspect.
Product Weight: 2.4 pounds
Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 6.1 x 9.8 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- All the parts of the French press are durable and long lasting and thus no shattered glass will appear.
- The filter functions efficiently and doesn’t leave rests in your coffee.
- The design is very slick and fits in easily to any kitchen.
- The assembly and cleaning might take time to get used to.
The Kitchen Supreme is a terrific coffee press with a unique coffee spoon made from stainless steel and 4 filters which leave no room for grounds in your mug and create a nice foam and velvet structure. There is no plastic used in the lit which is welcomed while preparing hot beverages.
You can use this product for either coffee, tea, ice tea, hot chocolate, infusions and many more tasty treats in the volume of 1 liter, which approximately equals 8 small cups or 4 mugs.
Product Weight: 1.8 pounds
Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 6.1 x 11.4 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- The press really filters each piece of coffee that shouldn’t be consumed.
- Cleaning is simple and can be done by hand as well.
- The product comes together with a manual for coffee beginners that will introduce you to the wonders of coffee making.
- The water level mark for one or two cups of coffee is missing, so you will have to guess the first couple of times.
The stainless construction is very helpful in getting the best aromas and flavors to your coffee. The safety is ensured by the patented lid which makes it practically impossible to make a mess during the preparation.
In terms of serving, you can make up to 8 cups of coffee.
Product Weight: 1.76 ounces
Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 9.4 x 6.7 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- The press can be brought to the bottom and supply you with good quality coffee.
- The glass offers some resistance and doesn’t tend to break easily.
- Compact size and fairly painless to wash.
- The top lit is made from plastic.
The LINKYO French press is among the best French presses on the market because it’s minimalistic and still delivers sufficient results. This also guarantees a quick an easy clean up once you have finished your coffee.
In addition, it also saves the environment with its reusable stainless filter screen. You also don’t have to be afraid of glass shards because the walls are doubled and made from stainless steel. This machine will be part of your kitchenware in no time and will fit in easily thanks to its modern design.
Product Weight: 1.8 pounds
Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 4.1 x 8.4 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- Two extra screens are provided in the package in case you might want to change them.
- Very nice, eye catching appearance and design.
- The durability of the product is very high.
- The plunger might take some time to get used to but works fine overall.
- It’s not see through, so if you are usually measuring ingredients inside the press, you may have to prepare them beforehand.
Another stainless-steel French press on this list uses a 4-level filtration system and a plunger with a spring base plate to ensure total impermeability. It can be used for a variety of beverages which can create a smile on your face.
The steel not only gives excellent shine to the press but also protects it from rust. Another safety feature is the borosilicate glass that strengthens the overall structure of the product. It’s very compact and transportable even in a travel bag, so your coffee will go everywhere with you.
Product Weight: 1.98 pounds
Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 7.1 x 6.3 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- Very nice attractive design.
- The glass and the metal holder are not joined which makes it easier to clean the individual parts and keeps the shininess of the metal.
- Serves 2-3 people.
- The mechanism doesn’t reach the very bottom of the container.
- No ring on the top to support the product.
The Frieling coffee press also classifies as a stainless-steel product with 36 ounces worth of volume. The handle is specially made to adhere all user requirements and therefore, becomes very comfortable in your hands. The filtering system is made of a pre-filter and a super-fine mesh filter that provide sediment free coffee.
The pitcher is extraordinary at holding heat, or any temperature as a matter of fact – cold as well, mainly thanks to its high-quality insulation features. This gives you endless possibilities while using this product and can provide you with a drink in 4 minutes during winter as well as summer time.
The cleaning is easily done by the dishwasher.
Product Weight: 2.6 pounds
Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 6.2 x 4.5 inches
Volume: 36 ounces
- No plastic parts are used in this product.
- The coffee tastes incredible.
- The French press is big in size but be careful when filling up with water. It should be filled just under the spout to avoid leakage when you insert the plunger.
- Watch out for the lid when pouring coffee, it may be a little loose.
The last entry on my list is also made from stainless steel but boosted with the attributes of borosilicate glass and thus can be used virtually every day. This French press coffee maker has a dual layer filter that erases all grounds from your coffee and lets you have the experience you are expecting.
The whole design is very eco-friendly and features a bamboo lid and handle instead of plastic parts.
Product Weight: 1.3 pounds
Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 5.1 x 4.8 inches
Volume: 36 ounces
- Super simple to clean, even though the glass is attached to the frame.
- The wooden parts are a nice change and look stylish.
- The coffee made in this press tastes great.
- The hole at the top, through which steam escapes, isn’t positioned in the exact center.
9. SterlingPro French Press
The following French press is made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass and therefore, is completely safe to use. It’s able to create a smooth cup of coffee mainly thanks to the Double Screen Filter System and its ability to get rid of grounds.
As far as the volume is concerned, this coffee press can supply you with 34 oz of fresh coffee. High quality materials were used to assemble this helper, so you don’t have to worry about any kind of rust or toxic substances in your morning coffee.
Product Weight: 14.4 ounces
Product Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 4.3 inches
Volume: 34 ounces
- The design is simplistic but at the same time pleasing to look at and easy to store.
- High quality carafe that lasts.
- Filtering works perfectly and additional filters come in hand with regular usage.
- Cleaning is very simple to execute.
- You shouldn’t store coffee in the press, rather pour it into a mug when it’s ready.
How To Use a French Press
Coffee is an important and almost inseparable part of many people’s lives and they are enjoying themselves when consuming coffee. As mentioned earlier, coffee drinking really has created some kind of cult following, in the best sense possible, that has reached out far beyond places where coffee is harvested and produced.
Best French Press 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
There are thousands and thousands of varieties, tastes, aromas and many other elements that are related to coffee, that make up its unique nature. Of course, probably the biggest advantage is the kick that it gives to you early in the morning when you are waking up and that’s also perhaps why the majority is also drinking it, however, it doesn’t hurt when the coffee you are drinking is of good quality, too.
There are several ways how you can make your beverage, but it’s almost a golden rule that you will enjoy it more if you make it on your own, with your ingredients and gear. It just tastes better!
In this case, a French press is an ideal tool that will assist you in achieving this goal. Nonetheless, as you have probably noticed, not all French coffee makers are the same and there are some aspects that you should investigate before deciding on one of them. Let’s break it down.
Size / Volume
First of all, you should have a vague idea about the size of the French press you would like to use. This depends mainly on the number of people you intend to serve. If you have many guests over very often it might be good to go for a bigger option. On the other hand, if you only need one hot cup of coffee in the morning, you should look for smaller sizes.
You might also consider the overall size of the product since kitchen spaces are usually limited and not all presses may fit. But if you have free counters, no space limitations apply, feel free to choose whichever you want.
Furthermore, design can be another key feature that should be taken into account if the French press is going to be on display. However, I wouldn’t worry in this area, since many entries on my list have a nice slick modern design and it shouldn’t create any problems to incorporate them into your house or apartment.
The used materials play another crucial role in the overall attributes of the product. Some coffee presses are made from stainless steel, other manufacturers use plastic or wood for some parts. The important thing here is to realize what kind of product fits your needs perfectly.
Is it stainless steel, strengthen glass, or wooden parts? The market offers all of these possibilities and it really comes down to you, to your preference and requirements.
Still, all French coffee makers should have some durability to them and shouldn’t break after your second coffee. Be sure to keep an eye on this, because it may save you time and effort if you take a closer look at the products.
As far as the composition is concerned, all the coffee presses on my list are pretty much made from the same parts, the materials are different though. The press, glass, lid and the knob, you can find it all. Don’t hesitate to go one more time through the list if you need to and find your favorite French press coffee maker that will lighten up your day and bring the right chilled atmosphere to you and your guests.